Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Texture Progress


Alright, here is a Texture WIP.

The Saloon (my hero building) took about 2 days to texture.

The ground plane was textured in about a day.  This was actually done prior to the sabbatical.  I used it to become more familiar with Vertex Painting in 3ds max.  I then demonstrated it in class.

All the little stuff - barrels, net, buckets, etc are containers and took about a day to texture.

Each building in the front third of the scene is taking about a day to completely UV Map and texture.

Right now, I am working on the tree. It is taking longer than I expected as I am painting it in Mudbox. I have discovered minor modeling and uv mapping issues that have set me back.


Texture WIP
--- Side note: The red building in the back was just a quick color assignment but gives me the flash of the old Clint Eastwood movie "High Plains Drifter" when the entire town is painted red.

No comments:

Post a Comment